2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prepare for the Fair





Yesterday was "phase-one" for me in setting up for the Bluemont Fair that happens this coming weekend. I gathered baskets of lavender, pine cones as well as bundles and wreaths of pussy willow that will be for sale in the Dried Flower Barn at the fair. I will also have some of this year's favorite pick in lavender plants--"Betty's Blue" to sell in the barn as well as at my own booth. It's a wonderful compact and upright variety that features dark purple flowers and silvery-green foliage that looks great as a border plant in the garden.

No, I did not drive it all to the fairgrounds on the golf cart, even though Tucker would have preferred it that way. However, I did gather it there in order to get everything into my car. There is so much more that I will have in my own booth this weekend at the fair, from even more lavender to Peter's paintings to rosemary standards, lavender and myrtle plants as well as some small crafts I have in store. Whew!...Will I have room for it all? Come and see me there--it should be interesting.

Yesterday was about getting what you see here to the barn at Bluemont safe and sound, and,
these two ladies are my friends, Arlene and Trish, who oversee the dried flower barn throughout the weekend. They have been taking on this job for years out of love for this beautiful little town and for the flowers and crafts that people bring to sell. Both are worthy gardeners and crafters themselves.

Tommorrow, Peter and I set up our booth in the late afternoon and Saturday at 9 am marks the opening of this lovely country fair. Hopefully, all will go well in set-up and I'll have pictures to show you. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment