2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lavender Pomanders






I'm still in my cave and I'm still working furiously on preparing lavender bundles, pomanders, sachets and arrangements for the upcoming fairs. It never seems to end...

This past weekend was devoted to making pomanders. I gather lavender blossoms along with some pussy willow catkins into a ball wrapped in tulle. Finish it off with a pretty ribbon and some other dried everlastings and flowers from the garden for garnish and, viola!...a pretty pomander!

Today, I begin on some lovely heart-shaped sachets done in shades of laveder fabrics and, farther afield, a few days to be spent on getting live plants shaped into standards and tying up loose ends on just about everything. I told you, it never seems to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment