2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Orange









It all started with the first picture posted here...

I've never considered myself a fan of the color orange but the other day when it was gloomy and rainy outside, this setting of dahlias and pumpkins in my kitchen window really caught my eye. The play of orange in the flowers, pumpkins, outdoor flag and the the reflection of the kitchen light in the window all came together to make to make a nice fall vignette.

Then, I found a few other mixes of orange throughout the house--all stemming from fall themes that seem to meld nicely with the reds, golds and even blues that are so prevalent all year long here at Blooming Hill. One thing I do know about the color orange is that you have to have a sense of humor with a bit of whimsy thrown in for good measure. In any case, I think I like the color orange more than I thought I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment