2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Philly Garden Statuary













































One of my favorite things in a garden, aside from the flowers and plants of course, is garden statuary. I think garden structures and statuary really lend character and ambiance (whether classic, modern and even whimsical) to plantings and have many statues in my own yard. I took more than a few pictures of these at the flower show...each one I came upon, to me, seemed prettier than the rest and, pictured here are just of few of what I saw. As you can tell, I favor more classic elements in garden statuary.


Peter loves water features. If any of you have ever visited us here at Blooming Hill, I'm sure you know that already since you have seen the three different fountains and counting around our property...not to mention the pond down near the road which is a pond and then not a pond depending on the time of year and the amount of rain we get. Peter wants very much to put in a reflection pool in the back yard and I have been holding him at bay. However, after seeing a few examples of refleection pools at the Philly Show, I'm not sure how much longer he'll be able to resist the urge, or shall I say "instinct" to build just one more water feature...he's a Landscape Architect, for heaven's sake, and his mother is a hoticulturist...he comes by it naturally. Anyway, enjoy a few more pictures of the Philadelphia Flower Show...

No comments:

Post a Comment