2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

'In' The Wings of Angels

You know the iconic line by Zuzu in the movie,  "It's A Wonderful Life" when she says to her father, played by Jimmy Stewart, "Look daddy, teacher says every time a bell rings, an Angel gets her wings!" Who doesn't know that line and who doesn't, deep down in their own heart, want to believe it!?  I believe it's a nod toward the optimism that hope, faith and love bring to everyone, Christian or not, throughout the year, day in and day out.

Angels in the form of friends, relatives and strangers touch us, guide us and hang in there with us every day.  With this in mind, I am inspired to make Angel wings filled with lavender potpourri to remind me of all of the special connections I have to Angels; those that have, however briefly, come in and out of my life and those who hang in there with me.  After all, 'tis the season to pay homage to Angels "echoing their joyous strains."  So, if a ringing bell signifies an angel getting her wings, just imagine having those wings filled with lavender--that sweet-smelling Angel probably slides right into one heavenly management position!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely!
    At least two of the hospitals here in my city play chimes when a new baby is born. I think there is a connection there. ♥

    ReplyDelete