2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Craft Fair Ready!


Ever the dedicated wreath maker, Peter was up in the Pink Pussy Willow Tree this past weekend busily pruning it back in an effort to embellish this year's crop of Pussy Willow Wreaths with an added dimension of "catkin" softness. I think they are turning out to be very lovely. Our nephew, Chris, stopped by this weekend as well and thought that these wreaths would look "really nice on a wall somewhere"...you think?!? After all, that is the point of all of this creativity and craftsmanship.

Peter has truly mastered the art of twisting and knotting branches into everlasting keepsakes from the garden. What makes them especially special, in my opinion, is that they are from our own garden and we have the heavily pruned pussy willow bushes and tree to prove it!


And me, well, I keep busy gathering and glittering magnolia pods and dried hydrangea mopheads that will look lovely displayed in springtime arrangements in vases and beautiful tabletop bowls. I'm also busy assembling pomanders and sachets that fill drawers and rooms with a gentle, lavender fragrance sweetened with "rosy/lemony" aromas from scented geraniums. Yes, that's me in my Christmas present "Snuggy"sewing up a kitty cat sachet...thanks, Nick! It's kept me warm and cozy while watching the Olympics and working on my crafts.

The reason for all of this "busyness" recently is that we are getting ready for the 13th Annual Hometown Fine Arts and Crafts Show at the Ida Lee Center in Leesburg, Virginia this coming Saturday, March 6. We'll be there with all of our "bells and whistles"--everything we create from wreaths and pillows to pins and paintings, handcrafted and hand painted by Peter and me. These, pictured here, are just a few of the items that Peter and I will have at the craft show and hope that you will come and visit us at our booth. I'll even have a few scented geranium plants and rosemary standards to get you thinking spring in all of it's coming glory. The snow can't last that much longer!

Don't miss seeing Peter's exquisite eucalyptus wreaths, too. This spring they are made in the blues and greens that reflect the freshness of the season and are perfect for dressing up any room in the house. I like to hang them off of large pieces of furniture, like this bookcase in my living room. Once again, my nephew suggested that they would look great on a wall, too. Such a smart boy--brains, along with creativity, run in the family.

We hope to see you at the Hometown Fine arts and Crafts Show. If you can't make it, don't worry, we''ll be in other shows and fairs later in the spring or you can always stop by and visit us here in our garden at Blooming Hill. It's our favorite place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment